Monday, September 11, 2017

Ask Me Anything Answers--Esther's Questions

Darling Esther asked me so many questions I decided to do a separate post for hers alone, because I believe it is close to equalling everyone else's put together! Hope y'all don't mind. :D

Esther asks:

How many siblings do you have?
-Five


What is the best (as in prettiest, or whatever) name you've ever heard?
-Oooh, let's see. I've always loved the name Peter for a guy. That's pretty much the only "favourite name" I've had. I also think the name Esther is very pretty. 😉

Why are you so awesome?
No seriously. How did this come to pass? Is this like an inherited thing or can anyone do it?
-What a fine bit of nonsense coming from you! 
That's it. That's my answer.
Did you really think I could make it through a Q&A post without using this picture? Well, it probably didn't occur to you. But this is quite possibly my most oft-used P&P face pic in question-answering posts.
Advice for someone who feels like even amongst friends they are alone?



-I wrote up a long answer for this, and decided it was so long I'd make it into its own blog post. So here's that.

Favourite song at this moment?
-Battle Hymn of the Republic (it's a fun one on the piano, y'all).

Least favourite song at this moment?
-Oh, now that's interesting. Hold on, I do have an answer for this. There's this one song that my siblings (or sometimes myself, sadly) will start singing and I'll get annoyed with them...you know what, I think it's Let It Go. I think it's always Let It Go that's the annoying song at our house. Now, I don't really have anything against the song itself, or the words, it's just that it is far too catchy and annoying at this point.
(To anyone for whom this triggered it getting stuck in your head, I apologize.)

If you only had 3 days left to live, what would be the most important things for you to accomplish?
-Question for you: did you expect a serious answer? I don't feel like taking this one seriously. :p
I would eat all of my very favourite things because I wouldn't have to be worried about the long-term effects on my health. Lots of chocolate.
I'd declare my undying love to the man of my drea--what? What did you say? Oh, he doesn't exist? Dangit. Well.

If you could steal (okay fine HAVE) any fictional character's wardrobe, whose would it be?
-Oh boy. You know what, I think it would be Emily Star's. Yep. Edwardian, and there are some simply divine descriptions of her clothes in the Emily books. (L. M. Montgomery, to those who don't know. What a shock, I know.)

Forest, ocean or mountains which is the best?
-What about forest and mountains? Though if I have to choose, I'll go with forest. I love trees too much.

Favourite piece of jewelry (if you have any)
-Probably these:

Describe your bedroom (hehe a demand, I know, but just pretend it's in question format)
-Oh, you want pics? I took some when I was decorating it, being a new room and all.

(The book is "What Would Jane Do? A book that disappointingly includes movie quotes and attributes them to Jane Austen, a pet peeve of mine. :/)
(I think they're a little blurry. :/)

Favourite type of tea? (if you drink tea)
-Nope, I don't!

What do you put in your tea (again, if you do drink it), milk, sugar, etc.
-See above :D

Favourite instrument
-I play the flute and the piano, but my favourite to listen to might be the harp. 

Best instrumental music you ever heard
-Ooooh...That's hard. I love a lot of instrumental music. I might have to go with "The Firebird" by Stravinsky...not sure if that's the kind of answer you were going for, but there it is.

Favourite movie soundtrack
-'Kay, this is, like, realllly weird, but it's the old animated "The Hobbit". The sound track is. Ah. May. Zing.

Favourite candle scent
-Ohhh, hmm...I've not thought about it. Probably the vanilla-brown-sugar-y type.

Which is better- straight or curly hair?
-Dependdsss...I like my hair better straight, it's so much easier to manage and it doesn't tangle nearly so bad. 

Favourite hair color?
-Auburn

What was your first word?
-Mom says it was "thank you". Didn't know that before, huh.

If you had to read one book for the rest of your life (besides the Bible) what would it be?
-Aaaah, what??? Okay, Pride and Prejudice. Because it's been proven by my best friend that one can read it, like, 15 times in 2 months and not get tired of it. And then read it two more times a month later. Yep.
(Photo cred: me)
Do you know of any songs about siblings?
-There's song that I've heard a couple of times...Hey Brother, by Avicii.

Name a song you want played at your wedding
-Ooh, I don't know... Maybe Can't Help Falling In Love With You by Elvis

Name a song you want played at your funeral
-Whoa, okay. Um...Lead, Kindly Light?

Pick a song you wish someone would do a cover of. (who totally won't be me, why would you ever think that??)
-Hmm, a song I want you to do a cover of? I'd love to hear something from the Broadway Cinderella musical.

When is your birthday?
-End of May

Favourite constellation?
-What? Hadn't thought about that either. How about the Little Dipper.

Are you an early bird or a night owl?
-Night owl

Name a book you thought would be terrible but was actually good
-I don't read books that I think will be terrible. :D

Name a book you thought would be good and was terrible
-Hmmmm I really can't think of any.

What is a song that always makes you happy?
-El Grillo, by Josquin. :D

What is a song that can make you cry/be really sad?
-Oh, boy. A lot of the songs from Les Mis.

What is the worst song you have ever heard?
-Ugh, there are a lot of awful songs. Lots of pop songs and (how many people would I offend if I said I really don't like country music? Sorry).

Who is your favourite youtuber?
-Jordan Taylor/Blimey Cow

What is the latest title for a song/story/essay/whatever that you made up?
-The last thing I wrote...I think it was an essay. I took an English Comp class this summer. Let me look. Okay, the "Saved As" title on Microsoft Word is "Final Exam (!!!)" but the title is "From Passive Agreement to Active Obligation". I'm really bad at coming up with titles; I really don't like it.

What is the last book that made you laugh out loud?
-It was one of the "Wide-Awake Princess" books by E. D. Baker. They're fun, easy reads. :D

When you are old, what memory do you want to be the one you tell your grandkids over and over? (example: I want mine to be when I get engaged [if/when that ever happens])
-Oh boy, I don't know. I like your example. That could very well be it.

What fictional character do you think you would be best friends with in real life?
-Okay, the first people that came to mind, I really don't think I'd be best friends with. Like, not Elizabeth Bennet or Anne Shirley. Not Margaret Hale. Not Amy Dorrit. Like, none of them are quite the kind of person I, personally, would be best friends with. I adore them all, but y'know.
Okay, y'know, I think I could actually get on quite well with Molly Gibson.
She needs a good best friend, anyway.

Whew! There we go! Thanks for all the questions, Esther!

The rest of y'all's question answers are coming soon! If you haven't and want to, you can ask questions here.


8 comments:

  1. Peter is my favorite name for a boy too!!!!!

    Let It Go, it drives me crazy. My sister was trying to do one of those combining songs thing and she was making me sing it last night, but I didnt' want to be co-opporitive so I kept messing up the lyrics or singing it in a different language. She was not happy.

    I have never seen that version of the Hobbit, but I am loving that song!!!

    Did I mention I love your photos?

    You don't drink tea? That's a shock. Have you ever tried it? It's really good....

    You had such lovely answers! I can't wait for more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a perfect name, I think. :D

      Hahaha that's great!! I mean, shame on you for annoying your sister. But honestly that sounds like something I would do. ;D

      It's really a terrible, terrible version. The animation is poorly done and the plot is ill-adapted. But the MUSIC! The music is amazing.

      Haha, awww, thank you!!!

      I have never tried it, no, nor do I plan to. :D

      Thank you so much for commenting! I am working on the rest of the answers and hope to publish soon!

      Delete
  2. YESS!! THIS WAS AMAZING!! I'll go make that "interview" for my blog immediately!! (or, ya know, after school *weeps* )

    That is hilarious, because my older brother's name is Peter!! (as I'm sure you've gathered from my Adventure Entries)
    And of course, Esther is a simply gorgeous name so you have to name at least 2 of your future children that.
    I know I plan to! ;P

    Aw you perfect darling!! I must say, I learned from the best. (yes, meaning you. And all my awesome blogger friends and my parents and quite a few of my siblings aaand... yeah. I think you acquire it over time??)
    AND MR. COLLINS. YAASSSSS!! He's just the most annoying yet hilarious character!

    Oh my, two posts just for me??? YOU'RE THE BEST, DIDYA KNOW?

    UGH. Let it Go is definitely a not-favourite of mine. Like you, I have nothing against the lyrics or anything but it's just too catchy, and too common and everyone loves it, so that automatically makes me want to dislike it.
    I am listening to music already, so it did NOT get stuck in my head, thank GOODNESS! ;D

    I actually didn't care. I figured you would answer it how you liked and that answer definitely works!! I have no idea what I would do, but I'm sure it would be much the same as you!!
    I like to ask questions I have no idea how to answer. It's fun.
    Until the person asks me the questions back.
    And then I am a professional at running. (but only then. Running = ew ;D )

    OH! I started Emily of New Moon about half a million times and never got through it, I don't know why. I love what I've read!! I guess I just keep losing the copy or something??? I actually got it from the library so I'll definitely be reading that soon.
    I love that style too! But I'm sucker for 1920s- '50s. They be so beautiful!
    (I have honestly no idea why I keep "talking" so wierd in this comment... sorry if I'm freaking you out ;) though I'm pretty sure you've heard me talk like this before. Probably on my blog)

    Mm YES. I love all three, but trees are just so... awesome. I especially love it when they are planted in rows and it's getting dark and just... *sighs*
    And if there is a creek flowing in the background SO MUCH THE BETTER!

    OOH! Those are beautiful! I like the earrings especially. (I keep using that word, ugh)

    I like that wall color a lot! And all the pictures on the wall are fabulous!! Definitely going to have a million pictures all over my walls if/when I ever have a room in a house that actually BELONGS to us! Haha, it's a bit hard to decorate a room to your taste if you're always living in someone else's house!

    Oh really? That is surprising! But to each his own! (or her, in this case)

    I LOVE THE PIANO AND HARP! I really want to learn harp, but that instrument looks like it would cost a LOT!
    It's a beautiful instrument, though!

    I was just thinking about this movie the other day! I was going to look up the soundtrack for old time's sake but then I forgot. Thanks for reminding me!
    I like that movie pretty well, actually! I mean, Gollum is just... no. And the Elves? Also no. But I used to watch it (and be scared silly) when I was younger, so it has sentimental value for me, haha.

    to be continued in the next comment...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, I better not have anything I have to do for the rest of this afternoon. This is going to take a minute or two. :D

      Oh yes, I'd forgotten about that! And will do, at least two of them. Preferably both girls?

      Yes, I suppose so. :D
      (And OF COURSE MR. COLLINS)

      Yes! I hope you appreciate that other post, I put a lot of myself into that. :D

      Oh, good. :D

      Haha ;)

      YOU MUST READ EMILY.

      Y'know, it's okay, I almost didn't notice. :D

      YES

      I love them! My bestie gave them to me for my birthday.

      Yes, it was fun to decorate a new wall!

      :D

      OH, I know, harps are danged expensive. SO pretty though.

      Oh really?! You know the movie!
      Haha, I liked it okay the one time I watched it, which was only a couple years ago, but I really wasn't too impressed. The animation is pretty terrible and the adaptation of the plot is...well, meh. But yeah, the sentimental value thing definitely makes sense. I'll allow that. :D Besides, the music IS AMAZING.

      Okay, then... Thanks for the questions!

      Delete
    2. Really did it only take 2 minutes???
      UGH I FAILED IN MY MISSION- er WHAT??? Who said that?!?! *insert angel emoji here*

      Oh yes of course!! ;P Both girls. TWINS. That way NO ONE would ever be able to tell them apart!! GASP. I AM SO GENIUS.

      WAIT have I not commented on your other post yet?!?!?!?!!?! I THOUGHT I HAD ALREADY I AM SO SORRY!!!!!!!
      It was really a great post, it really struck a chord with me. I shall dash off to comment on there as soon as I am finished over here.
      (which could take a while... slightly starting to regret asking so many questions... HAHA JUST KIDDING AS IF I COULD EVER XD )

      YES EXACTLY! I really need to watch that movie again.

      Delete
  3. That moment when your comment is over 4,096 characters and you have to post it in two comments...
    ONLY I would ever have that problem, I am sure.

    I think straight is better too. I think it's easier to curl your hair than to straighten it, BUT I've never straightened my hair, so I wouldn't know!!
    I used to have straight hair, then it was wavy, then it was almost curly, but it was too long and heavy to look more than dreadlocks??
    But then my sister cut it, and now it's pretty curly! More like very waves with random curls?? It's very strange.

    YES. Auburn is very beautiful on hair!! I like to pretend my hair is auburn, but it's more like copper?? :(

    That IS a good book! WOW 15 times is a lot! I have read a book three times in one week, but after that, I was a bit bored with it. Only a bit, though! It was Howl's Moving Castle (by Diana Wynne Jones) so it is pretty hard to be bored!

    Haha that was a pretty random question, but I LOVE the song Brother by Kodaline and so I wanted more songs with the same sort of theme :)
    I will listen to that song as soon as possible!!!

    Oh good choices!!
    Truth be told, I don't think I've heard either, but I TRUST YOUR JUDGEMENT.

    WELL THAT'S PERFECT! I was actually planning to try to do In My Own Little Corner next!! I LOVE that song!

    Lovely choice! Myself, I either think Cassiopeia, or Orion just because they both have sentimental value for me.

    I love to stay up and I love the night, but I'm definitely an early bird. If I stay up late, I still get up early because I'm used to it, and that usually gives me a headache which is just loverly. Especially when I overwork myself or stare at a screen too long. Then I feel nauseous too! It's quite nice.

    I shall have to check those out! I love a good book that makes you laugh. And cry. Except I also really really don't like those ones...
    It's complicated, okay?!

    haha I've had a while to think about that one. I read in a book (not even sure which one) but there was a person mentioned in it who kept telling the same story over and over because it was the one she could remember the most vividly. Also, she forgot she had told it a million times, :)

    Ah yes, dearest Molly. I really don't know who I would get along the best with... But I love her, and YES. SHE NEEDS GOOD FRIENDS.
    You would be a perfect friend for her!

    You're welcome!!
    And thank YOU! This post was the perfect thing to give me the courage to start on school again! I did NOT feel like facing math before, but now I think I can!!
    <3<3<3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW RIGHT

      Oh, I find straightening FAR easier. But I haven't curled mine in a while, so...

      Haha that sounds pretty familiar! Except my hair isn't quite so wavy and curly anymore.

      Oh, well then it's like Anne's and will likely turn quite auburn. :D

      Yeah isn't that crazy?! I don't know that I could do that.

      Okay, gotcha!

      Haha. :D

      Oh perfect! Can't wait.

      :D

      Oh dear, yes.

      Well, those books most likely won't make you cry. BUT YES I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU MEAN.

      Haha gotcha. :D

      YES

      YES GIRL DO THAT MATH ugh Math.

      THANKS SO MUCH FOR ALL THE QUESTIONS and the comments!!!! <3 <3 <3

      Delete
    2. I LIVE IN HOPE MY HAIR WILL TURN AUBURN LIKE ANNE'S. I LIVE IN HOPE AND DREAD THAT IT WILL NOT. *HEAVES DRAMATIC SIGH*

      Ah I see. SNIFF SNIFF. I recently read a book by Elizabeth Wein called Code Name Verity (actually I read basically everything of hers I could lay my hands on after that, but whatever) AND IT WAS SO SAD I CRIED SO HARD.
      If you like a good World War 2 story, and don't mind a bit of language (honestly, it was quite a lot in the first half, but I can't say I blame her. I mean she is being tortured and interrogated by some Nazis. But still. If you don't mind that, I highly recommend you read it. It was an enlightening experience and such a wonderfully crafted book)

      YOU'RE WELCOME I HAD SO MUCH FUN WITH THIS!!!!!!
      Thanks for taking the time to answer them ALL!! You're the BEST, girlie!!!!
      <3 <3 <3 <3

      Delete

I would love to hear what you have to say! I highly enjoy each comment! Just keep it clean and respectful. I do moderate, but as long as it's clean and respectful I should publish it within a short amount of time. Thank you!
Be sure to click "Notify Me" in the bottom-right corner of the comment box; I always reply to comments!
(I also do not mind comments on old posts at all! They are welcome!)